– Draw a rectangle
– Apply your desired gradient on it
– Define this rectangle as a graphic style, (by dragging it to the Graphic Styles panel)
– Apply this style on your live type.
I found this so helpful when copying and pasting from within Adobe Bridge.
– Copy a file in Bridge
– Option Click(right-click)
– choose paste to
This should give you a list of your latest pasting places.
Here is a quick tip on placing an image on the new perspective grid in Illustrator CS5
– Place your image
– Define as a pattern ( drag to the swatches panel)
– Draw your perspective object
– Fill it with the pattern
If you find the image tiled or big, here’s a twist around
– With your object selected double-click on the scale tool and choose pattern from Options, then adjust the percentage.