Great info @ indesignsecrets.com
– Click and drag as you place a photo for proportional placing
– Alt ( Option)+Click when you place a photo to an exact location on a different page
– When you toggle throw multiple placed photos show the links panel to view info about the images you are importing.
– You can group object and make them a button.
– Add shift when placing multiple photos to adjust the space between them
When you place multiple files in InDesign using the File/Place command you can select multiple images at one by holding the Ctrl ( Command) key, but if you want to place them as a contact sheet on an InDesign CS4 page hold down the Ctrl(Command) + Shift keys and drag.